You may have heard the news that the property market has been ‘re-opened’ by the Government and Estate Agents, Solicitors, Removals firms and other property professionals can start work again. However, we have been issued with strict guidance in connection with viewings, valuations, PPE and Covid-19 protection. We feel that we are fully compliant to open our doors now but ask that appointments are made to visit the office if absolutely necessary and social distancing rules are observed.
As part of this process we have issued guidance to both buyers and sellers on viewings (see links below). The viewing and valuation process will need to be controlled to prevent the potential spread of the virus. We have made sure our offices were ‘altered’ to protect our staff and ensure they all have the correct PPE. Monitoring the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers is of primary importance.
We are happy to say that we are now arranging viewings and valuations with PPE in place during physical viewings. Where possible we advise to initially have a virtual viewing of the property. If you have already requested to view a house we will contact you over the next few days to book the appointment. Please be patient as we have a significant backlog of requests to work through.
If you are interested in booking an appointment (viewing, valuation etc) please click here https://www.jonathanrees.com/covid-19--health-assessment to fill in our Covid-19 Health Assessment and one of our team will respond as soon as possible.
We thank you for your compliance with the lockdown rules and your patience and hope that the market can return to normal as rapidly as possible.
COVID – 19 - Viewing Guidance for Buyers
Government guidance is that we should introduce protective measures on property viewings as follows
1. You, and the seller (if occupied), will be required to complete a health questionnaire
2. Only 2 viewers will be permitted and each will be required to complete the above
3. You will be required to wear a face mask and gloves. We ask you to supply your own
4. You will be required to observe a 2m distancing at all times. Please avoid handshakes or any physical contact
5. All internal doors will be left open, Please refrain from touching any surfaces
6. Please dispose of all PPE used safely
7. All negotiations and supplementary questions should be undertaken by phone or email after the viewing has taking place. Please do not prolong face-to-face contact for longer than necessary
Please note that if more than 2 viewers arrive at the property, the vendor or Jonathan Rees reserve the right to refuse access.
COVID-19 - Viewing Guidance for Sellers
If a potential buyer wants a physical viewing, the guidelines below are to assist you in remaining within the social distancing rules.
1. You and the potential buyer will be required to complete a health questionnaire.
2. The number of viewers will be restricted to two.
3. They will be requested to wear masks and gloves.
4. They will be requested to observe the 2m distance rule at all times.
5. Please leave all internal doors open to minimise contact with buyers.
6. Avoid handshakes and other physical contact.
7. All negotiations and supplementary questions should be undertaken by phone or email after the viewing. Please do not prolong ‘face to face’ contact for longer than necessary.
PLEASE NOTE – The official guidance is that you leave the house during the viewing and allow the buyer to look around on their own. The decision to do so or not, is yours. You may decide to remain in the property and maintain the 2m distance at all times.
Please bear in mind that you are under no obligation to allow viewings. If you feel uncomfortable undertaking the viewing, please say so, and we will endeavour to make alternative arrangements. A virtual viewing may assist